1. Your life can make a difference.
You have a wealth of experiences and wisdom that could be a life-changing to someone a little behind you in life.
2. The need is great.
Countless women today long to be nurtured. There is a greater need than ever before.
- Family is divided by distance
- Oftentimes, the family unity has disintegrated
- Women may not have good role models in their own mothers
- Fast pace of society keeps women from developing relationships
- Life is so complicated now . . . so many more choices today than ever before
They don’t need more information, but wisdom from someone who has already traveled their stage of life.
3. It’s scriptural.
Titus 2:3-5 – “Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored.”
God has issued a clear call to older women to take what we’ve learned over the years to encourage younger women.
Mentoring might seem risky as you step out of your comfort zone, but you’ll be using your experiences and wisdom gained over the years to invest in younger women, which could make a huge difference in their lives. You have no idea how God could use your life to impact not only the next generation, but many generations that follow!